The window of a week through Instagram: @goodgollymisshollie | January beauty favourites | Young Fathers | Dinner @ Carluccio's | Massive Attack @ Manchester Apollo | #throwback | Hot to trot in the Dior dupes | #FOTN | My desk on Friday's | Cocktails @ Saltdog Slim's.
* Walking around Sefton Park in the hazy sunlight, the air was crisp and cool. The perfect start to the weekend.
* Being treated to a spare ticket to see Massive Attack @ Manchester Apollo. Plenty of blue WKD's (classy) consumed. Best song live? Karmacoma.
* Devouring one too many cocktails in Salt Dog Slim's and throwing out some questionable moves to Fleetwood Mac's 'Don't stop' in Mojo.
* Being treated to a lovely Valentine's gift from Carluccio's. A gorgeous selection of white and dark chocolates* spelling out 'Tiamo' - they are truly scrumptious too.
* Dinner on Saturday night at Carluccio's in Liverpool's Metquarter*. Lovely ambience, think dimmed lighting and twinkly, candlelit tables. A deliciously crisp bottle of Villa Muru Malvasia filled my glass and was drank alongside a starter of chicken pate served with red onion jam and a few slices of toasted foccacio.
This was followed by mains of chicken saltimbocca and lobster spaghetti which are both recommended on the Carluccio's Valentine's day menu. (avail from 11th Feb) For desert there weren't many available to choose from so I opted for a traditional creamy tiramisu which was washed down nicely with an after dinner coffee.
* Massive Attack not playing Unfinished Sympathy. They literally left the stage and I must admit, I was hoping their encore would chime in with the the oh so velvetty: "I know that i've been mad in love before..." but there was nothing. The lights came on and everyone left.
* The gym. I just cannot seem to motivate myself to go at the moment. I know my mind will change when the lighter mornings and evenings rock around, but getting out of bed at 6am to exercise OR coming home from a long day at work to endure the treadmill. Any motivation tips are SO welcome!
Positive of the week
* Enjoying a lovely relaxed weekend before drinking cocktails and dancing the night away.
Favourite song of the week
* Kid Inc feat Fetty Wap - Promise