The window of a week through Instagram: @goodgollymisshollie | Enjoying Mother's Day | Homemade paella | Tea and Glamour magazine | My new locks | Cute blue point cat | Coffee by the riverside | My new treat | Bad car times | Mastering winged eyeliner
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
* Hitting another major milestone at work and feeling super proud of all of my achievements in under a year in a professional career. I'm always putting myself down so it was nice to give myself a pat on the back for once. As a treat I splurged in my favourite store for handbags, TK Maxx on a JustCavalli number (see above) look out on the blog soon for more details about it because it's a beauty.
* Finding out i'm definitely spending a week of the summer in America visiting family. The moment holidays are approved, flights are confirmed and visas are sorted is a good feeling. Now to save, save, save to hit up those drugstores.
* Sipping a latte in the cool early spring sunshine next to the river. With a big faux fur coat on, a pair of oversized sunnies, it was the perfect way to spend a Sunday morning.
* Discovering chai and gin cocktails at Love Die Late on Great Portland Street, London. Combining my favourite alcoholic drink and my favourite hot drink = ah-mazing!
* Spending more time with family, now that my motorway driving confidence has been gained, i'm so happy that i'm finally able to confidently zip up and down the m62 to spend more time with my Mum, Dad and Grandparents.
* The kind nature of people was something that I experienced recently, I never realised how truly kind people could be. I had an unfortunate situation with my car recently (see below) and my friend Jon put himself out for me to make sure I was okay, as well as the recovery guys who did extra overtime until midnight to ensure that I was back on the road the next day. I owe them all the world and it really restored my faith in people.
* Having a Twitter mention from my heroine, Sali Hughes, yes that's right THE Sali Hughes read this piece talking about my job and replied to my tweet.
* Feeling super inspired by BodyBalance classes at the gym, the mix of pilates, tai-chi and yoga is not only relaxing but it also really canes your core strength. I'm still not very flexible and a lot of the moves I am unable to do, but i'm hopeful that I get there.
* Having no heating, laundry and minimal hot water for two weeks. As luck would have it this boiler malfunction came when the early March cold snap occurred. Standing in the cold shower was particularly unpleasant and waking up each morning being able to see my breath wasn't great either. Thankfully it's all sorted now though and i'm grateful to be able to have a warm flat and a hot shower.
* A double blowout resulting in 2 hours stood out in the dark and cold, missing a dinner party I was really looking forward to, a very late night, a panic attack and an empty pocket! It was genuinely the worst night of my life, i've never felt so scared and helpless but the goodness of people kept me positive and thankfully I was back on the road the next day.
Tracks of the week
* The ENTIRE album ,'I like it when you sleep for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it' from the 1975. Stand out tracks 'Somebody else' + 'Love Me.'
Catch up on GGMH: